Saturday 31 August 2013

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes

I have been wanting to bake something with peanut butter in for aaaaages, and have never got round to it, so today whilst I had nothing to do, obviously was the day!

This was an experiment really, I didn't know how they would come out or what I was aiming for, as long as they were edible I thought, but somehow they come out yummy! (yay)






Ingredients:
Makes 7-8 large cupcakes/muffins-

For the chocolate batter-
  • 100g unsalted butter
  • 100g light brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 100g self raising flour 
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 3 tbsp cocoa powder
For the peanut butter batter-
  • 80g peanut butter - I used crunchy
  • 40g icing sugar
  • 40g self raising flour
  • 2 tsp natural yoghurt - I don't even know why I added this, I was just hunting around in my fridge really, but it seemed to work haha!
  • handful of chocolate chips for the topping

Preheat your oven to 180c and line a muffin tin with 8 cases.

In a large bowl cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
Add the eggs one at a time beating after each addition.
Sift in the flour, baking powder and cocoa powder and gently fold in.

In a separate medium bowl, add the peanut butter, icing sugar, flour and yoghurt and beat to combine.

Now to fill the muffin cases, put in a tablespoon of the chocolate mixture then top with a teaspoon of the peanut butter mixture, then top with a teaspoon of chocolate and another teaspoon of peanut butter. 
Then swirl together with a toothpick. (the cases should be three quarters full.)

Sprinkle on some chocolate chips on each, and place into the oven for 18-20 minutes.
Once baked leave to cool for a few minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack to cool completely. (Or like me, eat one warm, they're delicious!)

If you like you could also melt some chocolate to drizzle on top! 

1 comment:

  1. Those Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes look lovely

    ReplyDelete