Wednesday 7 August 2013

Buttery Shortbread

The first time I ever made shortbread was awful. Really I do no know what I did but it was just awful (this was over a year ago when I first started trying my hand at baking and failed a lot haha) hence why I haven't attempted it since, even though it seems simple, until now.

To my avail it come out perfect! Light and buttery and just crumbly and delicious. So I decided to share my recipe with you.





Ingredients:
  • 150g plain flour
  • 80g icing sugar
  • 125g unsalted butter
  • 1 tbsp caster sugar
Preheat your oven to 170c and line a baking tin with greaseproof paper, I used a 20cm x 20cm tin.
In a large bowl mix together the flour and sugar, and then rub in the butter with your fingers until a dough forms. (it gets a bit sticky but its worth it!) 
Now the trick is to not over work it, so as soon as its turned into a dough press it into your prepared tin straight away and prick all over with a fork.

Place into the oven for 15 minutes, then lower the temperature to 150c and bake for another 10 minutes.
Keep an eye on it, you're after a nice light golden colour.

Once baked, take out of the oven and while its still hot, sprinkle over the caster sugar then leave to cool completely in the tin.
When its cool you can then take it out, tap off the excess sugar and cut it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment