Sunday 19 May 2013

Vanilla and Caramel Cheesecake

Here I am again with another devilishly naughty dessert. Cheesecake really is one of my favourite things to eat ever! Any flavour is good by me. I also have a special love for caramel. I could honestly eat it out of the tin with a spoon. (I havent though...honest.)

So I decided why not combine some of my two favourite things and this delight was made.

Unfortunately, I didnt get any photos of the cheesecake as it was made for a dinner party, as soon as I took it out of the pan I served it up and forgot to take pictures! I only remembered once it had been finished, which must of meant it was really good ;)

Ingredients:

Cheesecake-
  • 250g digestive biscuits
  • 80g unsalted butter (melted)
  • 500g cream cheese - this must be full fat as it will not set otherwise!
  • 150ml double/whipping cream
  • 4tbsp icing sugar
  • 2tsp vanilla extract
  • 300g caramel/dulce de leche
Decoration-
  • milk and white chocolate shavings

You're best to use a spring form pan for this, as otherwise you wont be able to actually remove the cheesecake from the pan and it will be tricky to a get nice slice out of it.

To make the base, place the biscuits into a zip lock bag and literally bash to pieces with a rolling pin, until its mainly crumbs. Add this to a large bowl and mix in the melted butter.

Pour into your pan, press down with the back of a spoon and place into the fridge.

In a large bowl, beat together the cream cheese,icing sugar and vanilla extract.
In a separate bowl whisk the cream until soft peaks form then fold into the cream cheese mixture.
Get your biscuit base back out of the fridge and spread a nice layer of caramel on top. (yum)

Over the caramel pour on the cream cheese mixture. Then pop back into the fridge to set for at least 4 hours, better still overnight!

For the finishing touch I grated over some milk and white chocolate. Beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment