Sunday 19 May 2013

My Nieces First Birthday - Castle Cake

Ive just got a short post to share today, which is a bit different to my usual, as it wont be a recipe.
But it will be some photos of the lovely cake that I made! I am very proud at my first attempt at this sorta thing (specially as it took me most of the day.)

For my nieces first birthday, I decided to do a very special cake for her, a castle cake!



And here it is! not the most 'fancy' cake ive made, but what one year old wants fancy eh?



The trickiest part was actually putting fondant onto the 'turrets'. It was quite fiddly but I found the best way of getting the fondant to stay onto the cardboard (as I used kitchen roll!) was a bit of apricot jam.

So yes, it was time consuming but all worth it for the smile on my adorable niece's face!

Till next time (promise it will be a recipe for something delicious) ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment