Tuesday 4 June 2013

Simple Homemade Icecream

So its sunny in Kent today, which means I am craving ice cream. Seriously, every time the sun decides to peek out behind those grey clouds I have the urge to reach for the freezer or track down an ice cream van. That tune the ice cream man plays when he comes around my way is music to my ears and I'm like a pug I know that as soon as he hears the word 'treat', goes mad for it!

Anyway, I wanted to try my hand at making my own creamy delight but without using an ice cream machine. (simply because I don't own one).



Ingredients-
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 70g caster sugar
  • 150ml double cream
  • 1 tbsp golden syrup
This makes a small tub, but you can always double up!

Start by separating the eggs and in a medium bowl beat the egg yolks with the vanilla extract until light and foamy.

In a separate bowl beat the egg whites until soft peaks form and then by tablespoon, add the caster sugar until you have thick, glossy peaks.

In a large bowl beat the cream until soft peaks. Then to the cream add the egg yolk mixture and egg white mixture. Fold together until just mixed. Add the golden syrup and gently mix in to create ribbons of syrup. (this is completely optional but adds an extra dimension of flavour to the ice cream.)

Now pour into a freezable tub (I used a lunch box) and place into the freezer for at least 8 hours.
Take it out of the freezer for 10 minutes before serving.

Remember its raw eggs so not suitable for you pregnant ladies!


Said pug! (Jax)

No comments:

Post a Comment